Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Giddy Up



Today I have started a process of fulfilling my hearts desire, and that is of owning a horse. A year and half ago I was helping care for several horses,, my friend passed away and after a few months the horses were moved to Ohio. I have missed them terribly and still miss them like they just left yesterday. Since the big "F" birthday is approaching I feel as though it is one thing on my bucket list I need to fulfill. Sounds crazy huh, well it gets better...I do not ride nor have I ever been on a horse, but I can muck a barn and brush a horse until he shines. So, I stopped by a farm called "Charlie Horse",that boards horses to start my inquiry, it's a new facility not to far from my home. A beautiful facility, small enough and clean,clean, clean. Ok, so I fell in love. I nearly fell over when I learned what the boarding fees were, I really had no idea so I was shocked. So now I am bummed....but I am not giving up I will still keep looking, but in the meantime I believe some horsemanship (not sure it that is the right word) lessons are in my future. I will be the oldest lady in the class!

6 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, Judy! Remember that just the right horse will come at just the right time. :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you have a dream and are pursuing that dream. May you fulfill it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Judy! The big F has come and gone for me and it's a fantastic time to do the new and live out your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Judy, I feel your desire! I have been bitten by it from time to time. Some of my fondest memories are of earning my horsemanship badge in the girl scouts. For years as a young adult, friends and I would rent horses. Maybe you can do a trade: stable work for boarding. I know there are a lot of horse owners that find it hard to give their horses the attention they need. I know i will be seeing you on a horse in a blog post soon. Besides, it's great exercise ... especially for your thighs and bum ... which don't get any better whether the "F" birthday is a forty or fifty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I've heard the boarding fees are like making a car payment. So proud that you are looking into lessons. I wonder if working at stables part time might be something you want to do again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing! One step at a time and things will unfold as they should. Good luck on this journey!

    ReplyDelete