Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Copper Ribbons


It is extremely hot and steamy here in Tennessee so I am staying put in my nice cool house! We actually have been having a heat advisory for the last three days. Today I am working on earrings and it seems my color palette is non-existent as I am only staying with one color...Turquoise.  Here is a glimpse at some of the pieces I have finished.
These may actually be good to wear in this heat...just shake your head a bit and you have a nice little breeze going on. 
I was inspired to make these from book I was asked to review. Although my skill set is different from the ones in the book, these came out more like me. I think we all adjust according to our abilities and skills when it comes to following instructions in a book. What a book does for us is inspires us to create and hopefully learn something new. I think you will be surprised to see what type of book it is and what my interpretation came from....tomorrow I will share the book with you!
You can find Copper Ribbons on Etsy.

Stay cool friends!


12 comments:

  1. I adore the copper ribbons, they are fabulous!
    Brilliant job!
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty !! I rarely make earrings since I and just about everyone I gift to don't wear dangly ones. I always enjoy seeing what others create. I made a few pairs long ago and ended up taking them apart. :-D
    Yes - It is hot and humid. I needed to get out today, but waited to late and now it is like an oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my these are just the sweetest! Love the turquoise and copper together.

    It's hot here too, with heat index hovering around 110 degrees. A good reason to stay inside, but the youngest has softball tournaments this week. I may shrivel up from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why change a colour pallete when it working so well? The turquoise and copper combo is classic and beautiful and so are these earings! We're staying put inside in the AC as well. Hot steamy, and heat advisories here too. Perfect excuse to stay in the studio, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty Judy. It is hot & steamy here also - I have lived in AR for 6 years and never experienced a summer so hot...I am ready for fall...even winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder you are working with turquoise - it is such a 'cool' colour. Love the ribbons and am intrigued to see which book you have up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous earrings, Judy. I love those copper ribbons. Reminds me of ribbon candy from Christmas time. And I can't wait to see what book you are referring to! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO cleaver Judy, love this ribbon, i think i had change the tutorial too , adding some holes and beads in each little wave!! Today turquoise , tomorrow red, you are talented with all colors, listen to your heart, who knows which color tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, pretty. Those copper curls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely idea of the ribbons! Who doesn't like copper and turquoise?!! Love them Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very wonderful! I love these new pieces. And I never say no to turquoise (LOVE). Now you teased us with the mention of the book.....gotta wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute copper ribbon! It looks natural and feminine. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete