Monday, September 21, 2009

...and their off!








One of my favorite sounds is the sound of galloping horses, preferably many of them as they race around the track. I have a love hate relationship with the sport of horse racing (but I won't get into that). Today I met some friends at Kentucky Downs Race Track, it is just a few miles away from my home. Kentucky Downs is America's only European style race coarse...it boasts a lush turf track and once a year in September for a few days they run live races. This is not a fancy event, more like a "Country Fair", not many fancy hats or suits to be found here, more like cowboy boots and hats. I don't usually have much luck in the betting department but it is a fun event. Thankfully the rain showers did no harm today and the only mishap was a thrown jockey and a runaway horse (no injuries, but lots of chuckles).









1 comment:

  1. That's right up your alley! What a cool way to spend a Monday and you even got a good laugh, too.

    ReplyDelete