Saturday, September 19, 2009

Readable Art Typewriter Key Jewelry




Found treasures are given a new life.
Anytime I can create something from an item that is of no use anymore or is destined to be thrown out is a good thing...I am all for it! I love typewriters...for their form and creative fonts, to me they are piece of art.


Authentic typewriter keys recycled from antique and vintage typewriters are used to create this wonderful one of a kind bracelet, consisting of random letters, numbers and expressions. Keys are mounted in a sterling setting and connected with a series of strong jump rings. A large lobster clasp is used as a closure. A colorful polymer clay bead and hand stamped sterling tag is added. Bracelet measures: 7 1/2". You can find this bracelet in my ArtFire shop. Custom orders accepted. While my bracelets are sturdy, they are not waterproof and should not be worn swimming or doing the dishes, but please wear them everywhere else!


"What's Your Type?" Sterling typewriter key pendant with your choice of letter, number or expression with sterling typewriter charm.

Typewriter key pendants with an industrial look.




Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Such a great idea & I love how you can spell out words. They remind me of the old Victorian charm bracelets that people put together from broken jewelry pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy
    Your new pieces are really cool. Though I do wonder what happened to the original typewriter... My favorite is the "Lucky" bracelet and the industrial pendant with copper.
    Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... Buy Gold

    ReplyDelete