Monday, January 3, 2011

These is my words


Are you looking for a great book to read, or perhaps a few good books? I love to read when I am not busy and especially like reading when we are traveling, it helps me sleep at night. On our recent trip to Connecticut I finished 3 books and started on a 4th....well, we were gone 10 days and it is a must that I have a book to read while flying (the perfect distraction). 

  
It is hard to name a favorite.....First is "These is my words" by Nancy Turner  This amazing story was her first published book. You can find the review here.

 

Ahh, the "Kitchen House" by Kathleen Grissom, I just loved this book! "a tragic story of page-turning suspense, exploring the meaning of family, where love and loyalty prevail."  You can find the review here.


 "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein  "A heart-wrenching but deeply funny and ultimately uplifting story of family, love, loyalty, and hope, The Art of Racing in the Rain is a beautifully crafted and captivating look at the wonders and absurdities of human life . . . as only a dog could tell it." You can find the review here.

So here you have a few good reads to start off the new year. Let me know what you think of them. Get reading!  

4 comments:

  1. Kindred spirits here, Judy. I have to have a book going. It is a central part of me. I'm off for a few days on Wednesday, and half way through a book right now. So I'll definitely check out your your reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit the delete button instead of the publish.

    SassyGlassDesigns

    I love to read...hubby and I are constantly engrossed in our Kindles.I read "Art of Racing in the Rain". Have you read "Izzy & Lenore" by Jon Katz...he writes the most amazing books about his animals & his farm...I think you would enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey gorgeous, one of the things on my "2011 Bucket List" is to read more....thanks for sharing these books...I am off to check the links ;o)

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips. I always appreciate learning what books are recommended. It makes it easier to make good decisions. Happy New Year Judy.

    ReplyDelete