Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hatch Show Print


We are taking a little field trip today to Hatch Show Print on Broadway in Downtown Nashville Tennessee. It is one of the oldest american poster shops where they still make letterpress and block printed posters by hand.
I have been wanting to stop in and purchase a poster to have framed, so today's the day and you get to tag
along!
These posters have a turn of the century irresistible appeal.  Hatch posters were first used to promote vaudeville, circus, and minstrel shows across the country.

 There's a reason why music lovers, Americana buffs, graphic arts collectors and designers, and commercial advertisers of all persuasions continue to turn to Hatch for inspiration.


This is the poster I purchased. It Captures the singing spirit of Music City USA, this three-color Hatch Show Print poster takes historic Hatch elements and updates them stylishly. The end result—a dynamic artistic approach to the essence of Nashville, Tennessee.




4 comments:

  1. Like your poster! I bet that was an interesting place to visit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing us along. I love local "shops" with history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Judy! I was a graphics major in college, so this hits home with me, I did not learn during the digital age, and there is something magical about this process! You picked a beauty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go there. I love letter press and block print. While it all started out pretty utilitarian, these printing methods just can not be matched by modern day graphic design methods.

    ReplyDelete