Monday, February 16, 2009

Eliza


The sun is shinning and my studio is full of sun and warmth. A favorite place for my two tabby cats Jack and Sam, especially on my work table lying in a sun beam.

I started this piece last night and could not wait to finish it today. Lets call it Eliza, that's a nice Victorian name. Eliza is created with antiqued brass chain, some great swirly lampwork beads,one half of an antique Victorian ladies sash buckle and finished with a smoky quartz dangle. This is a long necklace that has a toggle closure in the front. The measurements are 29 1/2" long and the pendant adds another 4". This can be altered to your specifications for length.

The focal point of this necklace is the antique buckle. Late 1800's and from an Ohio estate. Stamped brass with great dimension and patina. It pleases me when I can incorporate an antique item into my creations, it makes them so unique and definetly one of a kind. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment