Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bags are packed and he's ready to go...




.....All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin, its early morn
The taxis waiting, he's blowin his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry.....

....no one is leaving on a jet plane but our son Nick is leaving for college today. I can not believe the time has come. He is so excited it makes me excited! I have so many concerns....will he be back? Will he maintain a 3.0 to maintain his scholarships? What will this "new" freedom do to him? His life is changing and a whole new world is opening up for him. Will he ever live under the same roof as us? Will he come home for Thanksgiving?

Nick is our one and only and although I am ready for him to experience a new life it is still hard to let go of the old one, the only one I know. Although he will not be far, that is my comfort and knowing I can see him within a half hour. The city of Nashville is a good divider and he has not mastered five lanes of traffic yet, so he will rely on us for his transportation.

....so off we go to bring a Very excited boy to Lipscomb University to start his new life! When my DH and I return later today I guess we will start ours too. What to do, what to do!

This photo is of Nick with his cousin Lisa at her wedding in May. My handsome boy!

I am celebrating my new blog design by having a giveaway this week be sure to check it out!
ENTER HERE...

2 comments:

  1. He'll be living in a really nice area of N'ville. Best pizza in town, right across the street= Pizza Perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son really is a handsome guy. I can imagine how hard it must be to see him go. It seems like school is starting early -? How are you and your husband doing with your "new life" so far? I'm sure there's been lots of phone calls and emails!! :-)
    Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete