Friday, August 14, 2009

A package for me?









My honey came home from work and announced there was a package for me. I did not pay him any mind as I do get frequent tiny packages of jewelry supplies in the mail, I could not remember what I ordered. He picked up the package and brought it to me in the family room and it was not a tiny package but a substantial size long box. "Ohhhh, what did you get me?", my first thought was that he felt sorry for me since I had surgery and ordered me something. He then had a look of guilt and said "I didn't order you anything". Oh, well that's ok, someone did...hmmm...who I wondered.
What a lovely surprise to find a carefully wrapped potted Orchid. Not a tiny orchid but a gorgeous multi bloom plant. Shipped from A & P Orchids in Massachusetts to my home in Tennessee in perfect condition! The enclosed card revealed the sender....my good girlfriends from Massachusetts Eileen and Glenna. What a wonderful and uplifting gift. What wonderful thoughtful friends I have, it makes me miss them more!

Aren't girlfriends the best?? They always know what you need. What is one of the nicest things your girlfriend or girlfriends have done for you or given you?

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriends are the best! The older I get the more I realize how precious life is with them in my life. Nice gift!

    ReplyDelete