Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pearls....

From one of the humblest of life forms, the mollusk, comes the pearl -- a gem of unsurpassed beauty and elegance. This the month of pearls...it is not only June's birthstone but a favorite among brides to wear...a classic elegance on their special day.

Only those with royal status once wore pearl jewelry, but eventually these gems were seen among all classes of people. They continue to be viewed as a mark of taste and refinement as well as a symbol of purity, and they are often given to celebrate a marriage or the birth of a child. Pearls are nature's perfect gift, suitable for all ages, and elegantly worn with everything from jeans to an evening gown.

Here is my take on a classic pearl necklace....a marriage of many mollusks in form and color.


3 comments:

  1. I have always been a fan of pearls and think that every woman's wardrobe needs some of these classic beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you something on my blog!

    http://theeclecticelement.blogspot.com/2009/06/day-for-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are tempting me, I love pearls.

    ReplyDelete