Monday, June 8, 2009

Orange Burst



Wow...what a great colorful bracelet! I am loving the color combination if I do say so myself! I found these cool orange fiber beads at a bead show and just had to have them.

The orange beads are Tinalak fabric covered wood beads.
Tinalak is a colorfully designed cloth. It is handwoven and made from the bark of trees including banana fibers.Handcrafted by t'boli people (natives of the Philippines) in the Philippines.

I paired them with multi colored polymer beads hand crafted by fellow Etsian Hande Burge at Aslan Crafts. I hand forged a hook and eye clasp from brass. The bracelet is a generous 8 1/2" and is very lightweight. You can find this in my "Flap Your Wings" Etsy store.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful combo! I love orange lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beads are so AWESOME!
    I don't blame you for falling in love with them :D I would have too-They are so different...
    Lovely bracelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who is crazy for orange. I'm going to send her this link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combination...the orange is really a standout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love orange - this bracelet is so cool....what awesome beads!

    ReplyDelete