Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Helping the Eaglet leave the nest...



Yesterday my husband and I spent the day at Lipscomb University in Nashville with our son Nick. It was an orientation to college life for us as well as Nick. Nick chose to attend this school even though he had doubts at first. Lipscomb is a Christian school and learning the bible is a mandatory class here. We are Catholics living in the bible belt, a somewhat foreign concept. Lipscomb is a warm and open school with all denominations attending. It is a modern school in thinking and very progressive, Service and faith are practiced. We have taught Nick to be tolerant of others no matter what their beliefs are and always have an open mind. We hope he will soar in this environment where his ideas and thoughts will be challenged and listened to. In one short month my one and only will leave his nest....I am so excited for him to have this wonderful opportunity and yes there are tears streaming down my face.

These words were spoken yesterday and upon translation had everyone in tears.
Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I remember when my one and only left. I cried for a couple of days. But an amazing thing happened. Life goes on and it gets better! Your son has a wonderful opportunity before him. he's lucky in his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy
    I bet you are amazed this time has come. I'm feeling for you...it's exciting and sad all at the same time. Two of my boys will be attending a Catholic school for the first time this Fall but I'll still be shuttling my oldest to CCD once a week. I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer with your son...I know it will go by too fast.
    Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete