Monday, July 27, 2009

The Wanderer





I have been saving these transportation tokens for sometime and I knew I wanted to make a bracelet out of them. These vintage tokens where used for trains, trolleys and buses and are usually marked with the city or state from which they come.

I attached the tokens to some brass washers that I had hand stamped and oxidized. A lone polymer clay bead adds a hint of color. I hand forged a rustic toggle for a closure and a vintage Eiffel tower dangles with a copper bead..and here you have "The Wanderer". It is pretty lightweight and comfortable to wear and a great conversation starter. You can find this in my Flap Your Wings shop on Etsy.

Hope More
Talk Less...Say More
Fear Less

3 comments:

  1. Judy
    Yet another beautiful creation. I like this eclectic mix of old and new. And the quote is great. :-)
    Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination Judy, and I love the polymer bead put in there, it seems unexpected but works well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had questions on where is this piece...I no sooner listed this bracelet and it sold.
    Yeah for me!

    ReplyDelete