Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yin and Yang



I had to go into the city this morning for a Doctor's appointment, and while I have to do something I am not fond of doing I always try to add something fun to do the same day....it balances me out. To my luck there was an antique estate sale starting today just 6 miles out of the city...cool for me, a little treasure hunting after my appointment. The sale did look promising online but when I got there it was not as great as I had hoped . I did walk away with a few items, as you can see they need some cleaning up and polishing, but good finds.

The Doctor's appointment on the other hand.... as I expected, I need to have surgery and have my thyroid removed. A recent biopsy revealed some large tumors but so far not a malignancy. I was hoping to have surgery the sooner the better but I must wait about 4 weeks. A nasty scar and medication for the rest of my life, but I quess it could be worse so I will not complain.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I hope everything with the surgery goes alright. I will be keeping you in my thoughts :D
    And I like your way of thinking!! Balancing something unpleasant with something that you like to do...I may have to try that the next time I go for an appointment or IV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Judy, I am so sorry to hear this! Was it expected? I'm pulling for you...

    Great scores at the sale..love the meerschaum pipe..well everything you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, sorry to hear you need surgery - but glad to hear not malignant!!!
    Love your estate sale treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finds Judy!! So sorry to hear about the surgery, but I love your wonderful attitude that it could always be worse! I will keep you in my prayers. And remember, all those beautiful necklaces you create you can wear to draw attention to instead of that scar.

    ReplyDelete